ADULT LEADER TRAINING
Church leadership believes that well-trained leaders are the key to any ministry's success. Pastors understand that a trained volunteer is much more likely to commit their time and can be counted on to show up every week. For these reasons, and others, the Royal Rangers program places a high priority on leader training.
Royal Rangers training is based on three core values:
Training can be completed in any order
Ready Level Requirements
- Complete the Ranger Basics and Essential training courses
- Personally present the gospel to at least one boy
- Participate in conducting group meetings and activities for at least three months.
- Read the book "Maximized Manhood" by Edwin Louis Cole
- Submit a Ready Level Application to the national Royal Rangers office for approval & processing.
NEW Ranger Foundations
Ranger Foundations is an online or a combined online & hands-on classroom experience that teaches new leaders the foundational principles of how to run successful outpost meetings, how to use & access the Royal Rangers curriculum and advancement system, program structure, uniforms, and much more.
To download the latest Ranger Foundations Online Start Guide (revised as of January 4, 2021), click here.
Ranger Essentials is typically a one-day fun, interactive-style training event. You will learn how to connect with today’s boys, along with recognizing ministry needs and outreach opportunities. You will discover how to give life-changing devotions and how to mentor boys and young men into spiritual leaders.
Safety Level Requirements
- Complete the Ranger Safety training course online
- Complete a First Aid / CPR course through the American Red Cross, American Heart Association, or any other nationally recognized provider organization. The course must include demonstration and evaluation of the skills learned in a practical exercise in front of a live instructor.
- Plan and conduct an outpost activity with the help of junior leaders with a focus on applicable safety measures. Read the booklet "Preventing Child & Substance Abuse" and review the included discussion questions with a group of boys and/or parents.
- Submit a Safety Level Application to the national Royal Rangers office for approval & processing.
The "Ranger Safety" course is a self-paced online course. In this course, you will learn the reasons for an emphasis on safety and how to use the PAR method to address a variety of issues including:
Transportation, Facilities, Care of Children, Activities, and Screening Leaders
During this course, you will view various training videos and at the end of the lessons, you will take a quiz until you earn you a certificate of completion. This certificate will appear once you have completed the short feedback survey following the quiz. You should download or print the certificate (PDF format) for your records.
You can quit at any time during this process and return to this site to complete the course.
Trained Level Requirements
- Attend NRMC OR NEEC
- Personally present the gospel to at least one boy
- Participate in teaching and/or facilitating the instruction of a Leadership merit and its correlating service/ministry project. Ranger Kids leaders may substitute a service project using the patrol system as it applies to their group.
- Submit a Trained Level Application to the national Royal Rangers office for approval & processing.
NEEC is an interactive event that gives men and women leaders training in various techniques and methods to effectively teach and mentor boys. Leaders will explore the development and needs of the elementary age group, with Ranger Kids as the main focus. Attendees will gain a better understanding of the needs and characteristics of boys so you can better relate and connect with them.
NRMC provides interactive instruction in a wide range of fun and exciting activities that appeal to boys and young men. These activities will include basic “modern” camping, sports fun, trade skills, arts, and technology. These are activities that men and boys can do together and serve a very important purpose: to facilitate relationship and friendships that provide mentoring opportunities.
- Seven mentoring methods
- The patrol method. You will experience the patrol system from the viewpoint of a boy or young man. This will allow you to better understand what it means to be a “boy-led adult- facilitated outpost.”
- Participate in leadership opportunities, develop friendships, and learn about teamwork through fun competition and shared goals.
- Most importantly, you will be inspired to connect with God and explore spiritual manhood. You will be challenged to be a man set apart for a life of Holy discipline, to embrace life’s greatest adventures, build godly character that will inspire others, and do discover your God given task. You will be given opportunity to seek God for greater power to accomplish your role as a mentor of future men.
Advanced Level Requirements
- Attend and complete a World Class Outpost (WCO) seminar.
- Complete any two continuous learning opportunities of at least 2 hours in length. These may take the form of classes offered by your district, official Royal Ranger Online Training courses, or Action Camps. Please review the event criteria on the Continuous Learning Electives page if you have any questions regarding qualifying events.
- Personally present the gospel to at least one boy (previous presentations not included).
- Following pastoral guidance, get an adult new to Royal Rangers involved in leadership or service
- Submit an Advanced Level Application to the national Royal Rangers office for approval & processing.
World Class Outpost Seminar is designed to expose the outpost leadership team to a successful set of practices, methods, strategies, and tools that will enable them to develop into a World Class Outpost. The greatest benefit of this event is achieved when the outpost/church leadership attends and completes this event together as a team.
The JBEI seminar will stretch you and your leadership team. You will be challenged to embrace new leadership behaviors and attitudes. Though counter-intuitive, you will discover freedom by embracing limits that lead to greater influence and effectiveness. You will also receive tools to continually improve upon past performance and reach new goals. District leaders are encouraged to ask potential or new organizational leaders to attend this seminar shortly before or after appointing them to their first post of service. All organizational leaders should attend the seminar every 5 years to refresh their knowledge on current leadership topics.