Designed to capture the interests of a wide range of young men and boys, the SSAC is a creative and exciting program where discipline and self-control is celebrated, and where the mentoring mission of Royal Rangers can be fully incorporated. Interactive and lasting friendships, fun activities, and fulfilling advancement plans based on Royal Rangers merit guidelines provide boys with the opportunity to develop their shooting skills by participating in a variety of shooting sports disciplines. The challenge of individual and team competition extends from the Outpost to National Championships.
The program disciplines currently include:
- BB Gun
- Air Rifle
- Small Bore / .22 Caliber Rifle
- Shotgun / Trap Shooting
- Black Powder Rifle
You have to complete AJTC and the Wisconsin Hunter Safety course online before camp.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to Commander Kilde in the office. Camp starts on a Thursday so you may miss 2 days of school.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at noon on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Advanced Marksmanship, Advanced Archery, Air Rifle, Black Powder Shooting, Hunter Safety, Shotgun Shooting, Small Bore Shooting, Small Bore Safety)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. Yup, you'll need one for every camp.
Camp WIlderness landline
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleeping gear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack w/frame (NO BOOK BAGS)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- sharp pocket Knife or multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad (we supply cots)
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.