This camp is intended for Ranger Kids (Entering Kindergarten, through 3rd grade in the Fall) and their families. Older Rangers are encouraged to attend as helpers.
- New camp theme and speaker every year
- All events are organized by camp staff, but run by individual outposts, as assigned.
- All activites are designed so that the whole family can participate
- The camp concession stand will also be available.
- Transport arranged through the outpost
- Outposts provide their own camping gear and food
- Camp in the site allocated to your Outpost
Download the Camp Packet in the banner above for all the details of this year's camp.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to Commander Kilde in the office. Arrive before 10am Thursday, invite your family to graduation on Sunday 9am.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at noon on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. Yup, you'll need one for every camp.
Camp WIlderness landline
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack w/frame (NO BOOK BAGS)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- sharp pocket Knife or multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad (we supply cots)
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.