Junior Training Camp is the first required camp where you learn how to build relationships and do effective ministry in your church, community and missions so that you can be a trained helper for your pastor. Training includes:
- How to work with volunteers
- Patrol spirit, including designing & printing t-shirts
- How to get to know a new friend quickly
- How to pray with someone, what's appropriate?
- How to set up and work with AV equipment
- Street ministry & missions
- Cooking for large groups
You will learn these Leadership Principles:
- A leader takes responsibility for the end result, good or bad and is humbled by it
- He draws out the strengths in others
- He knows his role in helping his Pastor
- He prays and seeks guidance from the Bible
- He builds team unity
- He encourages and never yells
- He anticipates the needs of others and plans ahead accordingly
- He shares his overall vision, then steps back to allow the team to execute it
- He picks the best talent for the job
- He listens with a 2 ears : 1 mouth ratio
You still have the adventure of sleeping in tents and making campfires, but our focus is less on camping and more on equipping you to be helpful in ministry. Commanders even prepare your meals for you so that you have more time for games and learning!
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am Thursday
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 9am on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. Yup, you'll need one for every camp.
Camp WIlderness landline
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack w/frame (NO BOOK BAGS)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- sharp pocket Knife or multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad (we supply cots)
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.