Junior Training Camp is the first required camp where you learn how to build relationships and do effective ministry in your church, community and missions so that you can be a trained helper for your pastor. Training includes:
- How to work with volunteers
- Patrol spirit, including designing & printing t-shirts
- How to get to know a new friend quickly
- How to pray with someone, what's appropriate?
- How to set up and work with AV equipment
- Street ministry & missions
- Cooking for large groups
JTC will help you discover answers to these questions:
- What are my God-given (natural) talents and strengths and how am I developing them?
- Do I have what it takes to be a godly man?
- What is God's plan for my life?
This camp has been completely rewritten. You still have the adventure of sleeping in tents and making campfires, but our focus less on camping and more on equipping you to be helpful in ministry. Commanders even prepare your meals for you so that you have more time for games and learning!
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to Commander Kilde in the office. Arrive before 10am Thursday, invite your family to graduation on Sunday 9am.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at noon on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the online Pastoral reference form submitted by their lead pastor or designated pastor or board member. This needs to be filled out once a year.
CAMP WILDERNESS LANDLINE
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack (should hold all your basic gear)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Pocket Knife
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.