Canoeing Adventure Camp
Arrive Thursday 10am, graduate 10am Sunday (Parents Welcome)
Camp Wilderness, Waupaca
Camp along the river
All equipment is supplied
All attendees have to sign up online. You will be given the option to pay online or mail in a check.
Camp fee includes all food, 2 camp t-shirts and a hat
Arrange you own transport to and from camp
Explore the Mecan River
There's nothing like the freedom of gliding across the open waters in your canoe packed with food and supplies to last you for the two days it will take to complete this adventure.
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to Commander Kilde in the office. Arrive before 10am Thursday, invite your family to graduation on Sunday 9am.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at noon on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the online Pastoral reference form submitted by their lead pastor or designated pastor or board member. This needs to be filled out once a year
CAMP WILDERNESS LANDLINE
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack (should hold all your basic gear)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Pocket Knife
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt (not cotton)
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.