For JTC graduates, Advanced Junior Training Camp is the second required camp where you will discover your role in leadership of your church, community, and missions. You will also earn the Rock Climbing merit. Training includes:
- Christianity is an adventure
- Light construction in missions
- Servant leadership
- Confidence in leadership
- Serving your God, your church and fellow man
AJTC will help you discover answers to these questions:
- Am I following God's plan for my life today?
- How am I developing my godly character?
- How am I helping (serving) others
This camp has been completely rewritten. You still have the adventure of camping outdoors, rock climbing and ziplining, but our focus is on equipping you to be effective in ministry. Commanders even prepare your meals for you so that you have more time for adventures and learning!
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am, leave your gear in the Training Center and report to Commander Kilde in the office. Arrive before 10am Thursday, invite your family to graduation on Sunday 9am.
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at noon on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Rock Climbing, Rappelling & service hours).
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. Yup, you'll need one for every camp.
Camp WIlderness landline
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Hat (Royal Rangers or other)
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (military-type fatigue; cargo; or other work-type trousers)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepingwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack w/frame (NO BOOK BAGS)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Compass, baseplate (Silva-type)(must have)
- Sleeping bag
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Work gloves
- sharp pocket Knife or multi-Tool (w/sheath)
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad (we supply cots)
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.