Junior Training Camp is the first required camp at the Academy for your saber; where you learn leadership in the local patrol and group; and how to build relationships and do effective ministry in your church, community, and missions so that you can be a trained helper in your church.
JTC will help boys discover answers to these questions:
What are my God-given (natural) talents and strengths and how am I developing them?
Do I have what it takes to be a godly man?
What is God’s plan for my life?
- Working in a patrol (team)
- How to effectively lead a small group
- Patrol spirit, including designing & printing t-shirts and patrol flag
- How to get to know a new friend quickly
- How to pray with someone, what's appropriate?
- Learn/Review essential Outdoor skills (Camping Safety & Camping Merits)
- Cooking for large groups
- Introduction to Adventure Camps
- Morning Devotions & Evening Services
- Register on Campwise. Registration closes two weeks ahead of camp.
- Pack all the items on the kit list yourself! That way you know where to find it.
- Arrive before 10am Thursday
- Arrange for your parents to attend your graduation at 10 am on Sunday, you go home with them after that.
- Make sure your Commander gives you credit for any merit requirements you achieved at camp (Camping, Fire skills, Tool Craft)
- Staff have to be approved by the Camp Commander before registering on Campwise and need to get the Pastor reference form signed and turn it in at camp registration. This needs to be filled out once a year.
CAMP WILDERNESS LANDLINE
Join our Academy Facebook page.
WHAT TO BRING
- 1 Poncho or raincoat with hood
- 3 T-shirts (Royal Rangers camp or other)
- 2 pr. Jeans (cargo; or other work-type pants)
- 1 pr. Boots (or shoes) for outdoor activities [additional footwear is optional]
- 4 pr. Socks
- 4 Underclothing
- Sleepwear (Pajamas or other)
- BackPack (should hold all your basic gear)
- Two-man Tent for sleeping (must have)
- Sleeping bag and pillow
- Flashlight with extra batteries
- Pocket Knife
- Water Bottle or Canteen
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Soap & shampoo (body wash)
- Sunscreen or Sunblock
- Insect repellent
- Pencil and Pens (2 ea.)
- Small Bible
- 1 light jacket or sweatshirt
- Bag for dirty clothes
- Personal First-aid kit
- Sleeping pad
- Ditty Bag to carry small items
- Fingernail Clipper
- Lip Balm (chapstick)
All prescription medications must be checked-in with the Camp Medical Officer at registration! NO Electronic Devices allowed at camp.